9.11.2006

Whooooeee!
It was a lovely weekend. Let's start with where I left off . . .
Friday night I was on a mission: I was sent to the mall with my cousin Anton to find him an outfit for the wedding. We entered the GAP with one purpose and one purpose only, and that was to get him to try on something on. :) We succeeded! Kira and Daylinn were on backup duty giving their opinions and it didn't take us too long to find somthing that worked. What took a little longer was deciding how long Anton wanted his pants to be. We had the help of several Gap employees to get it straight. And we did.
After that, I was in need of some refreshment. So I went to DQ and had a blizzard with (Canadian) smarties! Yummm. Probably I wouldn't be that obsessed with them if they were readily available all the time. But they're yummy and chocolate.
From there, we trouped to Peter's family's house for the post-rehersal dessert. We got alittle lost on the way . . . Anton couldn't find his way in the dark! So one part of that road got very familiar. :) When we finally got there I was treated to trifle and I got to met a few more members of the wedding paty and his parents, so that was nice.
The next day Daylinn and I slept in very late (we decided that we'd reverted back to Pacific time!) and got a lazy start to the wedding day. Justin, meanwhile, had to get up really early to get everyone ready of the wedding. You know, girls stuff. Hair, makeup . . . the works. When I saw her at the wedding ceremony, she was looking gorgeous, of course. I met some more family at the church before the ceremony started, so more hugs and kisses were in order. (As you may have noticed, I come from a very affectionate family!) After the wedding, there was some entertainment at the standing reception: Peter's Opa performed a song with sound effects. You had to be there, but it was amazing. I don't think anyone understood what was going on but it was GREAT! That and the beer bottle rendition of "Here comes the bride." All very well done.
Ther was some confusion at that point: Anton and Daylinn and I tagged along for the pictures to give them a ride and because we had nothing better to do. We got a little bored and in due course, Anton and I began singing a medley of the Sound of Music for Daylinn. Can you believe she has never seen that movie??! It was amazing, I must say. "I am so glad I got to share this moment with you!"
After that, there was dinner at the Ancaster Old Mill. There we enjoyed food and drinks and entertainment. More speeches, more singing, more food, more fun!
The next day was Sunday, recovery day. I was able to do Lord's Supperr at the CanRef church here in Burlington which was really nice. I also enjoyed singing the old Genevan tunes again. I wass planning to whisk off and visit my Oma B. in the nursing homeright after church and meet my Opa andmy uncle and his family there, but we got out of church too late to make it in time to met them. Hopefully I will be able to see them when I am back in Ontario in about a month.
The afternoon service at church saw an invasion of all the Lodders! They were all coming over for a BBQ here at Uncle Fred and Aunt Jackie's. At church, as usual when I am in Ontaario, I got told how much I look like my mom. And how much I act like my aunt, for those that get to know me a little better. We also got lots of helpful advice from Justine's friends for our trip. And Justine finally got her pack! We really were getting close to leaving.
The barbeque was great! There were lots of puns being thrown around, and the Lodder family is always a lot of fun to get together. Aww, good old times. I caught up with Shannon and asked about all my old classmates. Ack! --everyone's growing up! I was a really great evening though.
After everyone filtered out of the house, Justine and I started making lists of things we had to get and do before we left.
This morning we did our errands --and went to the Dutch store. So dangerous! I bought drop and king peppermints. Mmm.
Now I just have to squeeze a few more things into my bagt and we're headed to the airport! Our flight leaves at 9:50. So there won't be an update for a few days, till we've settled in.
ciao!

1 comment:

mFin said...

wow - It sounds like a riot, you and a whole bunch more Lodders! how fun! we're getting a dead bolt (on a side note) and therefore we're getting new keys - so all that effort for that silly little key has almost gone to waste - but we won't get it for another week! Maybe I'll send your key to your mum and dad so you'll have it when you get here! Have fun, safe travels!! I want pictures of you "backpacking"!!! tee-hee - ooh, and postcards!