4.02.2007

here's looking "hatchoo!" kid

So this one is from my mom . . . She laughed at me after it happened and insisted I share it with you. (Justine, she may even have said "bloggable!")

Yesterday we enjoyed some really good sermons. The evening service was about Ruth --well, really, not about Ruth so much. You know how it is, when you hear a good sermon in a reformed church, and even though when you look at the bulletin it can look like you're going to be hearing a character study or a moral lesson and, really, it's all about the One who makes each character. And how He brings them into the story of redemption. Anyways, the minister was making all these really good points. And just when he came to the climax of his sermon, working up to his big application question, I felt the sudden horrible inevitableness that is a coming sneeze.
I tried to supress it.
It was playing with me. You know when sneezes pretend they're going to throw a big fuss, and then disappear, only to catch you completely unaware a few seconds later when you thought all the moment of danger had passed? That's what this one did.
So right after the minister paused to give us a moment to absorb what he'd been telling us, my sneeze took that moment to completely take over and just "HaaaaaTCHOOOOOO!" I don't sneeze delicately on the best of occasions (--in fact, if I'm standing or walking when I'm sneezing, you may witness a hop, kick or a jump).
I kept my head down and rummaged through my purse for kleenex while trying not to smile too broadly at the humor of the situation.

--

The Term to End All Terms is here!
Spring Break was much too short, but I crammed in some cover-letter writing and portfolio-perfecting, a trip to the coast, as well as a tiny jaunt to Seattle (where I visited UW's campus. Beautiful enough for me to consider going to grad school there. But only for about 2 minutes.) Ten weeks left of frenetic designing, job searching, and homework.


"everything that is done in the world is done by hope" -martin luther

1 comment:

justine said...

yes, that was definitely bloggable. :) thanks for sharing, brine!