1.12.2008

belatedly . . .

. . . I'll offer my Christmas greeting and best wishes for the new year.

This was my house, all decked out for Christmas:
Last weekend I finally got rid of my little friendly tree. He managed to fill up my apartment and make it very cozy! Unfortunately, the time I spent in Oregon kinda dried him out so he left behind a big mess of needles.
Now I'm left contemplating the collection of things I need to commit to hanging on the wall. I think this is an instance of designer's curse --the "shoemaker's children going unshod," if you will. I make design decisions all day and I can't figure out how to decorate my own apartment!
That's one of the things I'm mulling over my coffee this morning . . .
My plan was to spend some time cozily reading in bed, which didn't quite turn out the way I hoped. I settled in with some reading and my mug of coffee but managed to spill some. Maybe I should be more awake when I handle beverages. I guess if I wasn't awake then, I am now.
Which brings to mind all kinds of other things I should do. So I'll be on my merry way. (I just wanted to say something to acknowledge the new year and a wonderful christmastime.)

1 comment:

justine said...

:) there's grace for lateness too :P