12.22.2006

We are the hoarse whisperers.

A hushed conversation my brother and I had in the hallway this morning.

Adrian: "Psssssssst"
Me: "hey---"
A: "Did you get anything for Nadine yet?"
M: "No.
pause
"Did you?"
A: "No.
pause
"Did you get anything for Dad yet?"
M: "No.
pause
"Did you?"
A: "Me either.
"Did you find anything for Mom yet?"
M: "No.
pause
"Did you?"
A: "No."
M: "Maybe we should go Christmas shopping today."
A: "Yeeeeeeah."

Only 2 more shopping days and the traffic was absolutely crazy.
Adrian is used to this last minute gift-shopping pressure though. Last year my mom and I both got Elvis themed gifts. My mother a lovely calendar (huh?) and I got an elvis deck of cards. We still don't know why . . .

2 comments:

justine said...

did you survive that last minute shopping?

sabrina said...

Survived the shopping (but barely)! Adrian got me a mini etch-a-sketch. :)