5.16.2007

{insert little victory dance here}

Graduation is one month from today!

No, still no job. But Amanda and I went househunting on Saturday, which really just turned into neighborhood hunting and wishful thinking.
We wandered around southeast Portland looking at places we wished were for rent -in our modest price range, of course. But that got me energized to be living in Portland. I wikipedia-ed it for you (is that a verb yet? Like facebooked and texted? It's a little more awkward for spelling, I guess). Note the description of southeast as home to "hippies and hipsters." I guess I have to wean myself out of the Eugene culture bit by bit.
Quirky neighborhoods and public transportation and . . . Portland is also home for some good music --the Shins, the Decemberists, Elliot Smith, even a guy from Death Cab and one from Modest Mouse.
And the inventor of wiki.

No comments: